Stow Acres Country Club has hosted numerous national competitions on its North and South courses. Set alongside an antique Victorian clubhouse that is a favorite site for weddings and other functions, the two courses were designed by Geoffrey Cornish. The somewhat easier South opened in 1921 as a nine-hole layout. It was expanded to 18 in 1954, with the North added at the same time. Always in superb condition, both courses feature massive greens and tree-lined fairways. The South is more wide open and forgiving, while the North demands a succession of left-to-right shots, favoring golfers who can draw the ball.